Assisted Living Facilities & Retirement Communities
Glenview Professional Pharmacy provides high quality pharmacy services for many assisted living facilities and independent living facilities in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding areas.When it comes to service, we let out reputation speak for itself!
Assisted Living Facility Solutions:
- Prompt Delivery to the Facility
- No set number of deliveries per day – delivery times are determined by facility residents’ needs.
- Top priority delivery of new and emergency prescriptions.
- Prescription refills requested before 2pm Monday thru Friday and before 12 noon on Saturday are usually delivered the same day.
After Hours Emergency Service
- A Glenview pharmacist is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the facility residents’ new and emergency prescription needs.
Specialized Medication Packaging
- Tablet and capsule prescriptions are bubble-packed when requested by the facility to improve drug distribution efficiency.
- Bubble-packed punch cards are color-coded with auxiliary labels to assist in administration at the correct dose time.
- Unless otherwise requested, FDA-approved generic medications are used whenever possible to save money.
- Newly approved prescription and over-the-counter generic medications are used as soon as they become available.
Medicare Part D & Private Insurance
- All Medicare Part D and most Private Prescription Drug Plans are accepted by our long term care pharmacy.
- A Medicare Part D Plan Analysis is available to residents and responsible parties needing assistance selecting the best plan based on drug therapy.
- Flu Clinics conducted by our Glenview Immunization Team are available by appointment at facilities to administer Flu and Pneumonia vaccines to eligible facility residents who have completed appropriate consents.
- Medicare Part B or Private Prescription Insurance Plans will be billed for eligible residents.
Medication Cart Audits
- A Glenview Certified Pharmacy Technician is available to perform a MAR to Cart Review at contracted Facilities and will inform the facility Health Care Coordinator and/or the Executive Director of any discrepancies or issues found which need to be addressed.
- A Glenview Pharmacist and assistant are available to perform at your facility by appointment.
- Drug Destructions are performed according to the Texas State Board of Pharmacy Regulations.
Electronic Medication Administration Records (EMAR)
- Glenview Pharmacy will work with your facility to transition from paper MARs to an electronic system designed to increase the efficiency of your med-pass, decrease medication errors, and allow more time for your staff to concentrate on the quality of care for your residents.
- If you are unhappy with your current EMAR system, contact us for a demonstration of a user-friendly alternative.